IS CHOCOLATE BETTER THEN SEX???
When talking about chocolate or sex many people are adamant that all chocolate is good and all sex is good. But, there are many people out there who beg to differ, like some of my lady friends (who will remain anonymous) and claim to have had greater pleasure from a couple of cadbury squares then the drunken fool laying next to them (also, other friends that will remain anonymous). If your a single 20 something guy then you probably disagree with the latter.
I think chocolate is pretty DAMN GOOD, but is it better then sex??? OF COURSE NOT!!! But there is a reason the two are often compared - P.E.A (Phenyl Ethylamine) is a hormone responsible for flooding our bodies with endorphins and feel good hormones :D :D :D - and guess when P.E.A is released?? You got it, when we eat chocolate and when we have sex, BOOM!
NOW, it may not be better then sex but chocolate has actually been proven to be better then kissing. Dr David Lewis - a neuropathologist in the states conducted a study amongst 12 young adults where he hooked them up to electrodes and measured their heart rates and brain activity whilst eating dark chocolate and kissing their partners of whom they were currently in a relationship with. It was found that as the dark chocolate melted on the tongue it caused a buzz 4x greater then that of a make out session!!! Also, the buzz from eating chocolate stimulated all regions of the brain and blasted away any brain activity experienced by kissing.!! WOAH - what do you guys think?? I mean some makeout sessions can be…pretty.damn.bad - crusty lips, small mouth, big mouth, face rape, too much tongue, not enough tongue, itchy stubble, dry mouth, bad breath - the list could go on forever!!! But do you reckon you enjoy chocolate more then kissing???
Sooo the general perception is that women like chocolate more then men…but this study found that the effects of chocolate were the same in both men and women. But if your a chocolate loving gal dont be disheartened - researches have found that women who crave chocolate have a better sex life then women who dont. Chocolate eating women have higher levels of desire, higher levels of arousal and more satisfaction from their sex lives. When you think about the effects of P.E.A this all seems too make sense doesn’t it. But, what about our waistlines?? Well lucky for you we only need a small amount to increase P.E.A in the body and dark chocolate works best. So, dont feel too guilty about biting into your next piece of chocolate if your feeling stressed or need to spice up your sex life - hey, you thinking about you health ;) (just dont go over board)
Putting the science stuff away, heres a humorous list I came across…
Top 20 Reasons Why Chocolate is Better then Sex
- You can GET chocolate.
- “If you love me you’ll swallow that” has real meaning with chocolate.
- Chocolate satisfies even when it has gone soft.
- You can safely have chocolate while you are driving.
- You can make chocolate last as long as you want it to.
- You can have chocolate even in front of your mother.
- If you bite the nuts too hard the chocolate won’t mind.
- Two people of the same sex can have chocolate without being called nasty names.
- The word “commitment” doesn’t scare off chocolate.
- You can have chocolate on top of your workbench/desk during working hours without upsetting your co-workers.
- You can ask a stranger for chocolate without getting your face slapped.
- You don’t get hairs in your mouth with chocolate.
- With chocolate there’s no need to fake it.
- Chocolate doesn’t make you pregnant.
- You can have chocolate at any time of the month.
- Good chocolate is easy to find.
- You can have as many kinds of chocolate as you can handle.
- You are never too young or too old for chocolate.
- When you have chocolate it does not keep your neighbors awake.
- With chocolate size doesn’t matter.
All in all it would seem sex and chocolate make us both healthy and happy so really, why should we compare one to the other, why not enjoy both at the same time ;).